Saturday, June 7, 2008

Iowa COMPASS: Disability Info and Referral

Iowa COMPASS WebsiteIowa COMPASS is Iowa's free, statewide information and referral service for people with disabilities, their families, service providers, and other members of the community. They have information on over 5,500 local, state, and national agencies and programs.

Iowa COMPASS can help answer these types of questions:

  • What services are in my community to help my infant or toddler?

  • I was turned down for Disability, now what?

  • My sister just had a baby with Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy. What's that and what can they do? Is there anyone to help them?

  • I'm new to Iowa, are there any services for persons with disabilities?

  • My place of worship needs a ramp built, where can I get help?

  • How can I make it easier to get around my home?

  • My brother has been living in a group home but it’s closing, what now?

  • I have a child with Autism and he needs help in school what are my rights?

  • I make too much money for Medicaid, but my kids still need health insurance, is there anything that can help?


To contact Iowa COMPASS, call toll-free 1-800-779-2001 or TTY 1-877-686-0032, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Or visit the Iowa COMPASS website at http://www.iowacompass.org/.

~ Mike, Adult Services

No comments:

Post a Comment