Have more books than you know what to do with them? You might find inspiration in the works of Scotland's Unknown Book Sculptor, or artist Brian Dettmer. The book sculpture on the right is Mr. Dettmer's "Webster Withdrawn."
Or if you'd like to tackle a more practical craft, the internet provides dozens of ideas and projects:
- Create a cover for your eReader using a hardcover book.
- Hollow out a book to create a cover for your mp3 player.
- Turn a picture book into a clock.
- Display photos using a book for the frame.
- Turn a hardcover book into a purse, for a stylish night on the town.
- Use a book to create a vase for dried flowers.
- Turn the pages of a book into a decorative wreath.
- Create a unique lighting fixture by recycling a book.
- Transform old book covers into a literary headboard.
- Make a container for a houseplant using a book.