You can check out the schedule and register for the fun on our website, or stop in in person. (Note: Registration begins on June 4th). The Youth Services department will be offering fun and activities for kids and teens as well.
Whether you prefer a steamy beach read, the comfort of an old favorite, or are planning to tackle some classic literature, Carnegie-Stout has a book for you! If you're not sure what to pick up first, stop by the Recommendations Desk on the first floor or submit a Personal Recommendations request, and we'll help you find the right book.
Right here on the blog we have reading suggestions for Mysteries, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Romance, True Crime, and more.
In addition, everyone from the big publishing houses to Anderson Cooper is putting out a list of must-read titles for the summer. We've put together a short list of links below, but we'd love to know what Dubuquers will be reading this summer. Leave us a comment here, or on our Facebook page.
- Nancy Pearl's Great Summer Reads
- Summer Book Picks by top fashion designers at Harper's Bazaar
- Summer Reading Recommendations from The Horn Book
- Summer Reading 2012: 10 New Must-Read Books by Policymic
- 20 Summer Standouts by BookPage
- 11 Summer Beach Reads from Good Housekeeping
- Literary Look Ahead by NPR
- Summer Books Preview by USA Today
Photo: Beach Book by Steve & Jemma Copley