Thursday, March 24, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Library Job Has Amusing Side

While working on Carnegie-Stout Public Library's project involving archiving digital scans of the Dubuque Telegraph Herald I came across this little tidbit:


As I read this article from October 7, 1949, I thought to myself "this still happens today".  Despite nearly 67 years of progress, a librarian still provides reader's advisory and often gets to decipher vague and confusing book descriptions in an attempt to find a specific book.

A few years ago, one of my coworkers found a birthday card to his mother in a book on the shelf.  I myself have found cancelled checks, airplane boarding passes, letters, greeting cards, utility bills and shopping lists.  Just a few of the many random things used as a bookmark. Yep, working in a library still has an amusing side.

~Amy, Adult Services

No comments:

Post a Comment