Monday, April 18, 2016

It's not you book, it's me



It’s not you book, It’s me.

I’m facing a reading conundrum.  Not only am I in a rut, reading books in the same genre, I also seem to have fallen out of love with some of my favorite book series. 

This is disturbing because I am a serial series reader.  I LOVE books in a series.  Sure in the past I’ve been able to break the habit by falling way behind on a series and then deciding I just don’t care enough to catch up.  But this time I’ve started to fall behind on two of my favorite series and I just don’t know why. 

I have a theory.  Usually I read the latest book in a series immediately after it is released.  Then I have to wait FOREVER for the next book to come out.  For the two series I love and have fallen behind in, I decided to wait, thereby making the time between books seem shorter.  Clearly that plan has failed me.  So why don’t I just catch up if I’m only one book behind? 

This is where my reading rut comes in to play.  The two book series I love are not in the current genre I’m obsessively reading.  I am participating in the library’s Great Reading Challenge, hopefully I can use that to snap me out of my rut.  In the meantime, series I love…it’s not you, it’s me.  I have to have faith that I will rediscover my love for you.

If this has happened to you, how did you get out of your rut? If you've fallen out of love with a series, did you eventually catch up or just let it go? 

Amy, Adult Services 


No comments:

Post a Comment