Thursday, December 6, 2018

Baking Pan: Tree Shape

Do you have a holiday party coming up and you don't really want to bake anything fancy. Borrow the tree cake pan from the library, throw in some cinnamon rolls, bake for 14-17 minutes, frost and you have a festive holiday contribution.

This is a picture of the cake pan after I took out the rolls, I promise it was clean when I started the process. Before I put the cinnamon rolls in the pan I sprayed it with baking spray, the kind with flour, to make sure the rolls didn't stick. I used 2 standard packages of cinnamon rolls. If you make rolls from scratch, you are my hero.  

 

Fresh from the oven! I placed a cutting board on top of the pan, flipped it over and dumped the rolls out. I then put another cutting board on top and flipped the whole thing again so I could frost the tops of the rolls. Does it really matter which side of the roll you frost? Probably not, they taste great either way.

I frosted the rolls with the frosting that came with the package. I was going to get fancy and make red and green frosting, but I didn't have any food coloring on hand. You could add sprinkles to the white frosting to make it more festive as well. Since the trunk seemed to be falling off, I ate that part first. 

Carnegie-Stout Public Library has a lot of great baking pans available to borrow. https://staff.dubuque.lib.ia.us/cgi-bin/koha/virtualshelves/shelves.pl?op=view&shelfnumber=1017

~Amy, Adult Services (not a baker). 

No comments:

Post a Comment