Thursday, December 27, 2018

Do you remember Tim Miller?

I'm not sure what made me think of Tim Miller recently, but I was able to dig up this "Staff Picks" blurb Tim contributed to the library website in January 2007:

"Satan" by Jeremy Leven

"Lord of the Barnyard" by Tristan EgolfTim worked at Carnegie-Stout from 1988 to 2007, and died in 2008 at age 35.

I did not know Tim well, but I remember he was well liked, especially by younger staff who appreciated his sense of humor.

In 2007 Tim also recommended the novel "Lord of the Barnyard" by Tristan Egolf, because of its "entertainment factor and genius."

As with "Satan" by Jeremy Leven, the library's copy of "Lord of the Barnyard" appears to have gone missing, if we ever had one.

But both titles are still in print, and replacement copies are on order, in memoriam.

~Mike, Adult Services

No comments:

Post a Comment