Saturday, December 19, 2015

One of the Best Books I Read in 2015: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

Celebrity memoirs are a sort of guilty pleasure for me, but unlike the creepy paparazzi pictures of a celebrity's beach vacation, a memoir allows the author a choice in what details to share about their life and mind. Which is why I especially love to listen to a memoir when the author narrates the audiobook herself. My favorite of 2015 was You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day.

When it comes to specifics, Felicia Day and I don't have much of anything in common. I'm not a violin prodigy. I wasn't homeschooled. I'm not a fan of math. And I'm definitely not a famous television actress. But I do have my own experiences as a quirky, awkward, perfectionist misfit, which made her story very easy to relate to. Her writing was both entertaining and inspirational, and her narration added to the book's overall warmth.

If you only listen to one celebrity memoir by a comedic actress this year, I highly recommend Felicia Day's. But if you're like me and one isn't enough, I can also recommend:
 ~Sarah, Adult Services

No comments:

Post a Comment