Saturday, May 2, 2020

C-SPL Reader of the Month Updates, part 2

I've checked in on past C-SPL Readers of the Month to see what they've been reading recently. In the previous post Evan Quade and Cynthia Nelms-Byrne shared the books that have been occupying their minds recently. You can see that post hereToday, Bill, Heather, and Tori will share what they've been reading.

~Ben, Adult Services


http://carnegiestout.blogspot.com/2019/06/c-spl-reader-of-month-bill-carroll.htmlBill Carroll

I've been branching out my reading genres and have fully embraced cozy mysteries. I have been flying through the Joanne Fluke series, and have caught up on several other series including the Peggy Lee Garden series by Jim and Joyce LaveneThe Haunted Library series by Allison Brook, and less cozy, but just as fun, the Bernie & Chet Mysteries by Spencer Quinn/Peter Abrahams. Of these, the Joanne Fluke and Spencer Quinn series' are my current two favorites. The Bernie & Chet Mysteries really remind me of the time I lived in Phoenix, and it brings back good memories for me.

I've been trying to read light, escapist books and less non-fiction and less apocalyptic fiction like I normally do.




http://carnegiestout.blogspot.com/2019/05/c-spl-reader-of-month-heather-gudenkauf.htmlHeather Gudenkauf

Like many, I've been seeking out lighter, more humorous reads as of late and have returned to an old favorite: The Spellman series by Lisa Lutz. Be sure to to start with book number one - The Spellman Files. This six book series chronicles the crazy life of the Spellmans, a family of private investigators. To say they are a bit dysfunctional is an understatement. Izzy Spellman,  best described as a cross between Nancy Drew and Dirty Harry, is twenty-eight years old, lives at home with her parents, an impressionable fourteen year old sister and her wayward uncle who tends to disappear on "lost weekends." Izzy also takes great joy in antagonizing her perfect lawyer brother who has escaped the family business. This series is clever, laugh out loud funny and a great escape.



http://carnegiestout.blogspot.com/2019/12/c-spl-reader-of-month-tori-stanley.htmlTori Stanley

During quarantine I’ve been doing a lot of reading! Some new favorites for me would be Serpent & Dove by Shelby MahurinRuthless Gods by Emily DuncanThe Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski, and The Red Rising Saga by Pierce Brown. So basically living in the fantasy world! I’ve also been rereading some of my favs during this strange time - Throne of Glass series and The Illuminae Files.







Apply to be the next C-SPL Reader of the Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment